tiistai 10. toukokuuta 2011

Xi'an, part 1






Since the short trip to Xi'an included so much, I'm going to have this thing in two parts. The day before we left we visited Finnish embassy and one other company. Then we ate in McDonald's (seriously, only a complete moron would think that when I've gone to China and been there for 3 days, I'm tired of Chinese food and want something I usually eat. A) I don't usually eat any junk food and B) why would I even go to China if I don't want to eat real Chinese food? Really, we had some morons in our group: adults.)
Well, anyway, I didn't complain about McDonald's and besides it was quite of adventure, as it soon turned up: one of our group members managed to throw his passport and visa into the rubbish bin of McDonald's. He didn't notice it until we got into the next stop, the Art Zone 798.
I loved the art zone so much! It's an old gun factory area which still looks pretty poor, but nowdays there are tiny shops selling handcrafts and young artists are creating different forms of art! I bought some playing cards, two notebooks with adorable pictures and cute Chinese stuffed pig for my little cousin :)
Then we went to eat in a real Chinese restaurant (thank god!) and this time we even got to taste the famous Beijing Roast Duck! Oh my &/%%#¢‰, it was so good! No wonder it's so famous...
Now we headed to the train station, and we were supposed to spend the whole night in there! I'll continue in the next posting...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Spit it out! :D