sunnuntai 8. toukokuuta 2011

Chinaland, part 3







Now, I'll continue with my experiences in China. In spotlight there is day number 3:
This day was spent in our friedship school in Beijing. I was super excited about going to school that would be really different from ours. Local students go to school for 7.30am, so I had to wake up at 6am. It wasn't even as hard as I expected it to be because it was sunny all the time and I felt I was full of energy.
At first our group (that I saw first time ever since we arrived to Beijing) met in a conference room and we got candies, drinks, fruits, strawberries etc. as we waited for our teachers to come. We had a short meeting there and after that we saw their weekly flag-raising ceremony and welcome ceremony, which was something I never had seen before; 2000 students standing in perfect lines. It was impressing. We went to see the english lessons in the school. Actually, I was quite surprised how similar they were to ours, although, I think the subjects were little different.
After 2 classes, we had a lunch break (it's about 2 hours in that school, wow! :D). Instead of spending the time to eating, we went to the school yard. Not so long after that, local student gathered around us and asked our emails, names and all kind of other questions. I was so surprised, because that's not something you would see in Finnish schools when you come to visit them. Everyone was asking us to be their friends!
The rest of the day we just spent the day at school until we went home. My host family and I went to shop to get me snacks for the next day's sight seeing and trainride to the city of Xi'an. (It's far enough to spend the whole night in train, but that's another story!) ;)
Pictures: Flag-raising and welcoming ceremony, classes and my new friends <3

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Spit it out! :D